Rest Site Info

What do your rest sites include?

Our rest sites have a steel covered fire pit and steel picnic table available for use, however we do not supply firewood. We appreciate and acknowledge the “pack it in, pack it out” rule. Whatever you bring along with you on the waterway, we would appreciate you taking the remnants home with you.  Learn about the Chief Whitecap Waterway.

How often are the rest sites located along the waterway?

CWW rest sites are located roughly every 35-40 kilometers. You are welcome to stop as frequent as needed, but only select rest sites are equipped with fire-pits and picnic tables.

How do we know where to find the rest sites?

To find out where our rest sites are, please refer to our interactive map.


What do you suggest we bring on a weekend trip to the CWW?

Since there are many variables involved in a weekend canoe trip, we have compiled a great list of items to bring with you on your adventure. You can view the complete printable list and add to it as much as you need.

How can we find out how to access the river?

Many of the access roads are clearly marked on our online map, however there are a few locations that may require some prior knowledge in order to navigate easily. We advise you to check out our interactive map, which highlights the access roads as well as displays your current location. We also recommend downloading the map prior to coming out to ensure that your data is available at all times.

What if we want to paddle down the Chief Whitecap Waterway?

You can take the rentals down the CWW, however, you will need to do some prior planning to be sure that you have a pick-up and drop off at some point on the waterway.

How many hours will it take to paddle 30 km or 60 km?

It is hard to say exactly how long it will take you to paddle these distances. There are many factors that come in to play such as weather, skills/ ability and water level. We advise that you start off with a short distance and work your way up to be sure that you don’t over exert yourself. If the water level is low, which can be at any given time, the amount of portaging will increase.

How do we know when spillway will be open?

The spillway can be open at any given time without notice. When the spillway does open, you can expect an increase in the waterway level with a slightly fast flower from south to the north. We advise that you not camp too close to the water as the level can increase in a short amount of time. For information on water levels, you can visit Water Security Agency.


Are rentals only available at the Danielson Provincial Park Visitor Center?

Yes, we have various paddleboards as well as a few canoe and kayak rentals available for daily, weekly or weekend usage.

Where can we book the rentals?

You can book your rentals via our online rental store, or you can rent at our rental facility at the Danielson Provincial Park Visitor Center. Our staff member will help you prepare your rental.

What is needed to book a rental and what payment options do you offer?

Upon arrival, we will just need you to sign a waiver form. If you are under the age of 18, we will need a parent or guardians signature. We accept MasterCard, Visa, or Debit and we will hold a refundable deposit on the rentals in case of any damages done.

How do I know what size of board to rent?

Upon your arrival, our staff member will help determine the length and style of your paddleboard. We have some versatile paddle boards as well as more agile paddle boards. Our staff member will also help you in determining the proper paddle length which can be adjusted easily.

What do the rentals all come with?

Your rental will come with an appropriate sized life jacket, paddles with an adjustable height and leash for the paddleboards. Canoe and Kayak rentals will come with an appropriate sized life jacket as well as paddles.

Do you offer any paddle board classes?

We will be offering “learn to paddle board” classes occasionally throughout the summer. The best way to stay in touch with news about the waterway is check on our website, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram!


What if I require medical attention while on the waterway?

We always advise to anyone that is planning on paddling the CWW that they notify either a family member or a friend on their route/trip plans. Cell service, is at times minimal, so make sure to note all the entry and exit points along the CWW. You are entering the waterway at your own risk, so please be as prepared as you can.

In case of an emergency, please call 911. Outlook & District Health Center: 306. 867.8676

Still didn’t find the answer to your questions? Give us a call and we would love to help you out!